Thanks for working with me on this Mike. I spend some more time on it today.

The gun is a 2/3/4" chamber. Its a 1960 Sauer. If I loosen or remove the rim screw, and back off the locking lugs, the insert will fall in approx. 3/16 below the face of the chamber. No issues from the lugs or ejector etc. Near as I can tell the pressure and subsequent support is on the permanent and adjustable lug bearing surfaces, along with the sliding tightener piece.

Red arrows represent the permanent and adjusting lug locations. Yellow is the tightener.

I tried swapping the adusting lugs back and forth. No change. They can be set so far up that the insert wont go in, or so far down, that it is loose. I think I have a fair range of adjustment. I tried one down one up. The insert bore direction changed, but I always saw shotgun barrel...I tried it in the left barrel...same thing. I tried it in my Blaser BBF, same but not quite as bad (shorter shotgun barrel).

SO, I got to thinking and applied some aluminum foil tape little by little on the surface where it always seemed to be raising the bore.

Here is an illustration of what happened.

So, provided I can still get some regulation adjustments from the adjusting lugs, could I be on the right path here? I will worry about getting it flush and ejector fitted later.

Steve

Last edited by Dilly541; 06/07/18 04:16 PM.