Originally Posted By: GLS
keith, are you sure it was a Stevens and not a Savage 220? Savage and Stevens were interwined in ownership, but not sure if Stevens had a 220. I've got Savages in .410, 20 and 16 and all are 220 but with a different letter behind the 220 which I can never keep straight. Gil

Yes Gil, you are correct. It was the old hammerless Savage 220, and I still have it. I'll have to get it out to see if there is a letter after the 220. It does get confusing because Savage also makes a bolt action model 220. It was my first shotgun, which I bought with my paper route earnings. It is choked so tight that solid hits inside of 25 yards shredded game. It would consistently put at least two or three pellets into a pop can at a full 100 yards, so to only put two pellets into that pheasant probably meant that I caught him with the outer fringe of the pattern.

I saw a really nice one in 16 ga. at a gun show last year, and set it down after examining it while I thought about buying it. The guy next to me immediately picked it up and bought it. I don't see them very often, and most are well used.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.