Originally Posted By: keith
Originally Posted By: SXS 40

For all this talk about the decline of SXS's, I wonder who is buying all the ones being offered by the 6 -8 auction houses that I follow. Each one of them having multiple sales per year, with many SXS's offered.

I agree that the SXS enthusiast is a relatively small group in the overall gun buying world, but the auctions seem to sell most all of the ones offered. (in all grades)

Yes, English gun prices are down, but US SXS's are up in price.

But on the other hand, James (canvasback) may also get the impression that fewer guys own and use doubles because of guys like Jagermeister... who can't get any further than putting one on layaway, and then backing out of the deal after posting here about it as if he had it in his hot little hands. But since Jagermeister also only RENTS a cheap Chinese .22 rimfire rifle, one might conclude that the popularity of .22 rifles is waning too.

It has nothing to do with me, but everything to do with modern gun buying trends of younger generations. Typical well to do working person turns to vertical guns by Beretta, B.C. Miroku,.... or semi-autos by Benelli or Beretta.