Thanks for the welcome lagopus I've enjoyed reading the double gun forum these last few years and have been impressed by the range and depth of knowledge of many of the posters including yourself. Brought up on the Scottish side of the Solway so I enjoy my wildfowling hence the Konor3inch moniker. I miss the times I had in the past with my .22 unfortunately I don't think we'll regain the right to own even rim fire handguns over here. I did have the opportunity to fire my American cousins .45 Wilson combat commander a couple of years back and relished every minute. I think the ban only managed to deprive a lot of people of countless hours enjoyment and now the Scottish government has introduced air gun licensing the trend is set to continue. Similar to your pistol to rifle conversion when I had to licence my Brocock air pistol I also applied and was granted permission for a .222 ,.243 and a .22 lr i.e. a Remington 700 Ruger No1 and a Winchester model 52 browning copy and I have enjoyed those .I guess when government put obstacles in your way it's satisfying to still find ways to follow your sport. All the best K