I have loaded 7/8 ounce loads for many years, but only recently desired to have pressures down to Damascus levels. I looked at my loads, determined that my 1200 fps loads were not off the scale for pressure, so modified them just a bit to reduce pressure to a safe sounding level, intending to test them for sound and effect when cold weather comes. The lowest velocity and pressure that Alliant publishes for my preferred components (Red Dot and Federal SO or WW Grey wads in AA compression formed hulls and WW 209 primers) is about 16 grains of Red Dot at 8000 PSI with SO wad to make 1200 fps. The WW grey wad with 16.5 grains nets 7900 PSI at 1200 fps. I have used tens of thousands of those loads in the last 15 years without complaint. In my infinite wisdom, I have reduced my Red Dot charge to about 15.2 grains to get what I estimate to be 1160 fps and less than 7000 PSI, a load friendly to shoot in any gun and safe to shoot in Damascus guns, maybe even in cold weather. I have started inserting a thin 20 gauge card wad (or a kidney bean or two if you prefer) in the shot cup to properly fill the shell. I only offer this load because it uses proven book pressure information as well as cheap and common components. No boutique wads, powder, or hulls needed. I have probably shot about 1000 or 1500 of these reduced loads in the last few weeks with great results.