Originally Posted By: Stan
I do not make a decision on what I shoot based on what the fad is. I do so after trying the alternatives and evaluating what works best for me, in shooting sporting ........ what breaks the most targets for me. One example of that is that I do not shoot choke tubes, preferring fixed MOD chokes in both barrels. It could be said that changing choke tubes is a fad, too. I have never been able to shoot a 34" gun enough to tell if it would gain me any targets.

My feelings are that handling characteristics of a gun are interpreted differently by those of differing physiques. The numbers on the gun don't change, but how they feel to a 5' 8" man with a 26" sleeve length is going to be light years different from a man who may be 6' 4" and wears a 36" sleeve. He will hold the forend so much further away from the balance point that the mounted swing effort will be drastically different. What has that got to do with this discussion? Just that the length of the barrels should never be judged without considering the physique of the man shooting it. If the 6' 4" guy shoots better scores with a 15 3/4" LOP why wouldn't it be possible for him to do better with longer barrels, too?
SRH

And Wonk, you should read this reply by Stan every morning for 2 weeks, or as needed, on a regular basis, until your narrow mind begins to open somewhat. It won't hurt a bit, I promise.
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.