Originally Posted By: ed good
keith, i certainly agree with mark levin re the original purpose of the second amendment...it was to insure the protection of the people and the states from the possible usurping of power by the federal government ...however, now fast forward to 2017...we now have the radicalized nra, a most vocal defender of individual gun ownership rights, subverting the spirit of the 2nd amendment..in this day of advanced machine weapons, the individual right to keep and bear small arms has little to do with protecting us from government tyranny...

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Ed, I must disagree. The NRA's position that the 2nd Amendment is an an individual right for self defense is one upheld by current Supreme Court decision. That is main stream not radical in terms of law with the stamp of the court.

I further disagree that an armed population is no threat to tyranny. However even if you were right, and I do not believe you are. That is not the only purpose of the 2nd Amendment.

If you do not agree with the Supreme Court's finding, then elect the legislators at state and federal level to amend the constitution. There is little likelihood the left can suceed as the majority of voters will not support the destruction of the Bill of Rights.

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS