May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
5 members (Chuckster, Argo44, LGF, WJW, 1 invisible), 421 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,549
Posts546,208
Members14,423
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

Yes Larry all our points are valid but it does offend some to call what you described as a Fox A Grade. And would it have killed them to at least give it the proper A Grade engraving? I'd still like to see one with 32" 20 ga. barrels but not a 5K.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Aren't the CSMC Fox guns rated for steel shot?

Sidelock
Sidelock

The RBL's are steel compatable. This gun has a lot of RBL in it methinks! Let's play. All the dislike aside what choices exist for a SxS gun of RBL quality today? Please don't say something used. I am talking about a new, fresh out of the box, gun. Spanish? Pretty much gone. Merkel? OK, similar price. Some would argue nicer, I'm not going to. Beretta still making SxS's? I don't know. Other Italian makers? again, don't know. If you do post them up! It's worth something to me not to buy anything Turkish. That is my personal conviction, that eliminates those guns for me. I would bet most of us here don't need to buy another gun, Turk or otherwise so it comes down to want. The price is about 1.5K off the mark. No mention of the weight, another fact some find important. I am not troubled by the lack of Fox attributes mentioned here. Nothing wrong with a A&D boxlock or Anson's FE release mechanism. A much better effort it appears, than the "Fox" model B! Not inclined to rush right out and buy another RBL for 5K, didn't pay but about half that for the one I own, and like.

Fire Away!

Chief

Sidelock
Sidelock

Chief,
I recently saw a Fausti DAE SxS in 20 ga. that looked nice which I believe cost around 4K+. I really like my Merkels but their price has really gone up since I bought mine several years ago.
Karl

Sidelock
Sidelock

Chief:

Last year, I found a 'new, old stock' B. Rizzini 'Upland EL SxS' in 20 gauge. I have 1K shells through it so far with no problems. This is a WLM import, to their specs.

It's a quality gun, with features that suit me. The triggers are a crisp 4 1/2 pounds. It shoots to point of hold.

Price sold it, and I likely would not have bought the current model 550, at least at retail price. That really is a different gun than mine, although it may suit you just fine. Street price on the new ones (choke tubes, single trigger, coin finish, engraved) seems to be about $4500.

B. Rizzini makes a good serviceable product.

Edit: I see where John Boyd has one with a straight grip and double triggers like mine, except with sideplates and choke tubes. $3700. Looks like a fair deal on a good gun if you can shoot 15" pull and I certainly can.

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble
Sidelock
Sidelock

just sayin....if you are going to call it Fox A Grade.....it should be a FOX....and I see no reason that its not a straight copy of an original fox with up to date steel ....I mean the beauty of a Fox is in the guns simplification of its mechanisms....should be easy to copy and make a profit for a reasonable price.....
Just don't call this thing a FOX....because its not....

gunut
Sidelock
Sidelock

So there are some out there! That's good.

As was stated before in regards to the most recent L.C Smith, Zabala Hermanos? and Fox model B, no where near a Fox either! The use of the name doesn't guaranty the resulting gun an exact copy!

If CSMC is indeed making this gun for Savage they likely wouldn't devalue their graded Fox guns by producing what is in appearance a Sterlingworth level gun. Much as I would like them to!

Maybe it should be called the Faux!

Chief

Last edited by ChiefAmungum; 04/29/17 08:32 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ha! It likely will be.

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble
Sidelock
Sidelock

I'd about as soon have a Fox Model B as an RBL. Sure, the RBL is prettier, and might handle a little better, but the Model B won't break down as much as the RBL. You wouldn't believe all the problems of which I have first hand knowledge with RBL guns. Mostly the single triggers and ejectors. People just don't like admitting it. I have posted this on here before and had several here private message me and tell me they had problems with theirs, right out of the box.

If this so called Fox has anything at all to do with an RBL I wouldn't give it a second look. For $5K I can buy a helluva nice original Fox. In fact, I own several, including a very nice HE grade, and have never yet paid $5K for one of them.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Sidelock
Sidelock

One point: they are calling it a Fox, not an A. H. Fox.
JR

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.