Thank you all for comments and suggestions. I'm comfortable with the decision once she buys in. To finish up the story, here is General Palit 1991 at age 72 on one of his polo ponies with son who will inherit the shotgun. I had a complete course in game hunt etiquette from the General...almost entirely based on British hunting "rules" but with a couple of Indian Army twists (if the bird gets up and flys dead away from the senior officer in the hunt - its his bird; and its corollary - If a bird gets up pretty much anywhere - it's his first'. fortunately I was of a rank and as a democratic American and driver of the Jeep could negate that). And I failed utterly; I was using a Remington 870 pump.

An amazing time - I could mention the full dress ceremonial receptions for the Presidential bodyguard with the regimental silver, dinner jackets, Maharanis in jeweled saris and the regimental officers in red coats with chain mail eppellets...19th century. He was the "Colonel" (honorary commander) of the Indian Army Gurka regiment which he had commanded in 1948.

Yes, I'd give her a William Evans; (1990 in Uttar Pradesh - along an irrigation canal) Still will (She hasn't changed)

Last edited by Argo44; 03/29/17 11:05 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch