Well Derw I have taken the trouble to read the Mad Hatter's article and the first thing that struck me was it was written by a basic researcher that went into a Library and took out the books on Mercury. The reason I say this is because there was nothing in the article that has not been known about for near on a hundred years. The most remarkable part of the article was the Mercury in fish part this is just old news dressed up to look new. In fact it was an incident some time past that happened in Japan caused by a battery manufacturing plant discharging its waste in costal waters. My opinion of this article is news media hype!
But I will give you food for thought, if you take your self in to a large Art Gallery that has a lot of old master oil paintings hanging on the walls, the lead and mercury vapours from the pigments in the paint is on the high side. Now that is news but the reason they don't make a big thing about it is MOMEY! MONEY! MONEY! and invested interest in the billions of Pounds and Dollars for paintings. And a Final thought the artist Michelangelo had green teeth from the pigments he used in fact lead poisoning, there was also thoughts along the line that Mercury in the pigments had affected his brain in later life.
And my final thoughts are why do we still use the dirty Diesel Engine that pumps out unseen Particulates all the time in to the air, it is killing millions of people and the unborn annually. Could it be something to do with vested interest and MONEY!
This puts the problems with Mercury very much in perspective doesn't it?

The only lessons in my life I truly did learn from where the ones I paid for!