Safety-- good area for further discussion-- About 2 years ago at the Grandville Cabela's GL- in the outside the Libray doors used sales racks, I spotted a Winchester Model 11- $325.00 tag. I explained to the GL manager on duty that safety hazards with a "widow-maker" like that flawed design has- he said they would remove it from the rack and scrap it out- 2 years later, it is still gathering dust on that same rack in the same store.. Best one I've heard about the dipsticked level of the GL clerks- not in my area store, but I heard this somewhere on a gun chat forum: Customer asks about a Colt 1911- in .45ACP-- and then next to it in the locked case, a 1911-A-1 in .38 Super. Here's what the clerk told him: "The 1911 will only work with black powder loads- if you shoot a modern load in it, it could blow up the barrel- he also explained that the 1911-A-1 was a revised 1911 made with alloyed steel to handle smokeless powder loads-- and when asked about the difference between a .38 Super, as in the later (mid-1930's era) 1911-A-1) and the .45ACP round, the clerk told him that the .38 Super was a much more powerful round, comparing it to the difference between a .38 Special and a .357 Magnum. Wow-- As a footnote, I wish I had been there, as I would have loved to have heard the clerk's reply to this question: "OK, can you inter-change the .38 Super rounds with a .357 round? They both have the same NBD, just as do a .30-06 and a .308!!

I have no problem with BPS- if I still were fly fishing, I'd be a customer- wonder how and when they will liquidate the Cabela's gun Libraries- as for the monopoly, or even a monopsony focus in the Fed's over-view of the merger, don't forget we have a pro-Big Business POTUS on deck, coming in soon..

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..