I received this PM from Antonio and his picture are below.
I believe that although this rifle #636 is different you should focus on the similarity. In that I mean look at the engraving and especially the engraving right above the lever pin. It is the same as my gun. I believe that although it may be impossible to say my gun is G&H with perfect certainty, there is enough evidence to attribute the gun to G&H. I will let you form your own opinion:

"LRF:

If you send me your full email I will send you pictures of a very similar Griffin and Howe Farquharson that I saw on exhibit at the Las Vegas Antique Arms Show by Greg Martin Auctions in 2005. Sorry but I cannot figure out how to attach multiple photos here to this PM. The rifle that I have pictures of was destined for an auction at a later date, probably 2006. I tried on line to search old GM auction postings and got no where so I scanned in the photos that I have and will send them on to you for comparison.

The entire story is that the Rifle is a G&H number 636 in 30/40 and shares many of the same features that your rifle does. The stock and dropper points and checkering are almost identical. However the stock and forend panels are a little different. The engraving on the receiver and the grip cap are very similar. This gun's barrel is marked as G&H and has an integral 1/4 rib with one standing and a folding parade sight(s, banded front sling swivel fixture, and a banded hooded front sight.

Unfortunately, I do not own the gun or know what became of it. Nevertheless, I am sure that your rifle is a G&H based on comparison to this one.

Please post the pictures and this message for the other members of the Forum.

Congratulations on a wonderful purchase,

Antonio"