May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
4 members (Karl Graebner, Jtplumb, earlyriser, SKB), 276 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,563
Posts546,369
Members14,423
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Sidelock
Sidelock

I guess it could be seen as condemned by faint praise, Fox. I meant it as a compliment, drawing on Isaiah Berlin's famous essay "The Hedgehog and the Fox." He got the idea from a Greek poet: "a fox knows many things, but a hedgehog one important thing."

An expanded and my edited version from Wikipedia: Berlin divides "writers and thinkers into two categories: hedgehogs, who view the world through the lens of a single defining idea, and foxes, who draw on a wide variety of experiences and for whom the world cannot be boiled down to a single idea."

I'm a fox who's like a hedgehog knowing one thing for sure: Your posts are the most entertaining for me on the board. Probably because of your wide interests, and we share memories of the minutia of the same times. I think, as a feminist often advocating for women, you're hard on women (possibly for good reasons) and I'll take an early CZ over a Model 70 any time.

Canadians are provincial in the sense of a relatively small population trying to make a federation of strong, accommodating, inclusive community values. It's an experiment. As for border hassles, attribute them mostly to your homeland security. Gun laws are expressions of national will through our Parliament. With a tenth of your population, Canada projects only soft power.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yes indeed, it sho 'nuff do. Especially with dat Ol' Kingfish, Mr. Slicky Willie givin' us de bell-ringin' endorsement of O'Bammy Care. All O'Bammy done cares 'bout be he golf game--

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

Are you a racist, Francis?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Shotgunjones
Press release today.

Volumes of happy gas, nowhere does it mention that the inevitable result is higher prices for the consumer.

Buyouts, mergers, etc are never good for the end user. Competition makes the world go round, and it's sad to see Cabela's customers lose.

Better jump on those 'free ship' ammunition deals now before the corporate raiders restructure the business.

I bought some Red Army Standard ammo that was on sale there and also learned something I did not know. I found brand new fifteen shot Smith & Wesson 5946 pistol there. My friend told me they still make them for certain police departments. The price of $650 was very reasonable for brand new stainless steel gun with Trijicon night sights. Amazingly those guns cost the same in late nineties when they were offered for sale to the public.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Thought this was about Bass Pro and Cabelas. I was told recently via PM not to read threads that had RvL political content I was not interested in. Now you are making it impossible. Plenty of other sites to discuss how you think guns should be controlled or how absolute the 2dA is. Personal vendettas are childish and have no place on a scholarly discussion board. I'm asking you to take that stuff there and let this great board be the way it was. Failing that maybe settle it with percussion pistols at dawn......

Last edited by Bob Blair; 10/07/16 08:04 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Bob. Flintlock pistols are just way more sporting!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Sabres...Under the Oaks...at Dawn...

Sidelock
Sidelock

just ban them all and lets get back to discussing old guns, it does get tiring

Sidelock
Sidelock

I suggest the "rabble-rousers" be given a 30 day "Time-Out" with a clear statement that these types of personal attacks and political blather will not be tolerated.

As L.K stated "just ban them all and lets get back to discussing old guns, it does get tiring"

gold40

Sidelock
Sidelock

I think I saw a note in the business news today..."did Bass Pro waste 5.5 billion on Cabelas?"

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.