June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
4 members (WJW, Ted Schefelbein, dukxdog, Argo44), 219 guests, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,572
Posts546,458
Members14,424
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Sidelock
Sidelock

I saw two NID Ithaca Auto&Burglar's at a PGCA Gun Show back in January. They were in a locked display case, so I couldn't tell if there was any sort of reinforcement to keep the pistol grip from breaking under recoil. The "proper" grain flow through the wrist was non-existant. You'd think that such a stock would break on the first shot without reinforcement.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: postoak
A gentleman that I know was able to get an original 1894 15" barreled Winchester that was found in his grandfather's attic "removed" from the NFA list. I lent him a box to ship it to the ATF and he showed me the letter the ATF sent back.

An original Auto Burglar should be treated similarly, but who knows with the ATF ? Logic and consistency is not their strong suit.

I don't look for the Govt to reclassify Mad-Max's favorite shooter to collector status anytime soon either, But wouldn't it be nice to see some common sense about these things when they come to light.
Glad your friend got his Trapper lettered. I know of one person that turned a Trapper Marlin 94 in for destruction because he was told it was illegal to keep dispite being told about the process to verify it's originality.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Our local county sherrifs headquarters has one on display in a case with other historical issue firearms and equipment. It is a flues model. Incorrectly restored at one time with some noce torch colors, but It was neat to see nonetheless.

B.Dudley
Sidelock
Sidelock

A friend of mine had an Ithaca A&B. I've handled it many times but been afraid to shoot it. No stamp or license. Luckily he never had to shoot a "youth" breaking into his home with it. That could have gotten nasty in this day and time! I don't know what happened to it after his death...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

Isn't it the pinnacle of lunacy that I can apply for a Form 1, pay the tax, and create a new short barreled shotgun, but not register one that is a historical artifact ?

Mine's a tale that can't be told, my freedom I hold dear.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: B. Dudley
Our local county sherrifs headquarters has one on display in a case with other historical issue firearms and equipment. It is a flues model. Incorrectly restored at one time with some noce torch colors, but It was neat to see nonetheless.

MCSO still has one?,, They had 2,,both Flues and 2 Thompson SMGs.
We got to shoot them in 71 just before they were supposedly selling them off to clear out the armory closet for more modern stuff.
I guess they kept one for old times sake. I'd guess from the sounds of the re-do and the time period they had Bill Gillette/Big Ridge G/S refinish it. He was torch color handy at that time and rather proud of the work. Lot's of C-Zone used to hang out at his shop then.
The A&B was not very handy to shoot but it was fun and memorable.
TSMG are,,well, TSMG.

They were sold to a Class 3 dealer in NM at the time who was quite well known, Used to have full and half page ads in Shotgun News with NFA stuff. Can't remember the name though.
Livingston Cty also sold him their TSMGs at the time.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The last time i was into montoe county downtown was early last year and it was in there on display. Along with some service revolvers and badges and such. No Tommy Gun though.
But when inwas in there a year or so before that, the display was not there.

B.Dudley
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: B. Dudley

I'd like to see that. Where do they have it displayed? Downtown?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Yeah. At the main sherrifs office. Right in the lobby. Where the '53 chevy patrol car and the DARE fox body mustang are. At least that is where it was last year.

B.Dudley
Sidelock
Sidelock

see? even back then guys were into tacticool stuff. lol. :>

Retired Military Aviation
Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
https://606f79f3c2431.site123.me/
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.