Gunter, you missed a big chance. You could have had your uncle from Nigeria, deliver the gun in person. I know he is about to travel to the US and for just a extra two hundred dollars he could have carried the gun, to him, in person. Funds would have needed to be transferred to his Nigerian Bank, before the trip. To make it simple he should just pay your uncle first for the gun and then he, your uncle, can give you your money upon his return. If he decides later to return the gun your Uncle can send him a Bank of Nigeria Bank certificated check for the entire amount.

I was given this option several years ago for a gun I had for sale. I explained to the seller that it was OK because I was in fact going to be traveling to Nigeria myself and could bring the gun to him if he could obtain the needed import papers. He assured me he could for an extra two hundred dollars up front. He asked if I was returning to Nigeria to see my "slave family roots". I said no, I was a decedent of slave owners, and wanted to find the proper authorities to get a partial refund. At that point he became rather nasty and the email got rather short. I guess he knew the scam was up or maybe his family owed me money. Not too sure which.