Originally Posted By: King Brown
Whoa, just stopped to reply on your second sentence. Never assume, Mike. I don't argue for any party to impose anything on Americans.
I didn't state that you argue for any party to impose anything on Americans. I argued that you argue for parties and politicians that are attempting to suppress Second Amendment rights. I state that you criticize at every opportunity our politicians and our party that support Second Amendment rights. And I argued that you tell us we need to quit holding our right to keep and bare arms so dear and put "social justice" issues ahead of that right.

You decide what the skirmish lines are, not me. I say what I believe are reasonable restrictions, as Canadians have through their legislatures.
Yet you root for and praise the wrong side in our politics on this gun forum. You know the current political assault on "assault weapons" by your favorite USA party is but a pretext. But you won't speak up here in support of it because it is impossible to defend. But you will make posts like this one:
What would pass for absurd in Canada is the notion that a vote for liberals means an anti-gun sentiment, as if a reverence or need for guns comes first in a country's priorities. Or anti-gun to mention US acceptance of mass murder, mass school executions, 438 children being hit by a bullet every month between 2004 and 2014, 13 children between one and three killed themselves with guns so far this year as the violence that defines the US trickles down to babies in diapers.
I copied that from keith's post.

You are supporting more gun control for the US over and over and over on this BBS. Say what you will, you can't make posts like that one and not be advocating more gun control.

I praised Obama who majorities of Americans believed would make a better president than others on offer. He'll be remembered as a great president.
You also argued that he wouldn't try to impose more gun control on us. He did try. Over and over and over. And the party you ever frequently disparage blocked almost all his attempts. He did make twenty-seven executive orders for more gun control.

You and I disagree respectfully but that doesn't make one less than the other. We're participating in a forum where a wide range of opinions are as common as rain.

I agree.

But it is my opinion that in many different ways you say "I'm not arguing for more gun control in the US". But in many different ways you are.

If you would just come right out and say "It is my opinion that the USA needs to implement more gun control" I wouldn't be so persistent in this. In the past, when we reached this point, you say "I am not trying to impose gun control on the USA and I wouldn't if I could." Of course that wasn't the argument that I was making at the time. I am saying you are advocating more gun control for the USA but you won't do it directly. You won't make a list of controls you think we ought to implement. Your argument seems to me to be "Shame on y'all for not having more gun control laws, but I'm not arguing for more gun control for y'all. And since I am not arguing for more gun control for you I don't need to defend Obama's campaign for an 'assault weapon' ban. And again, shame on y'all"

I also believe if Americans were polled---and maybe they have been---a majority of Americans would say there are too many guns in America.

I believe that they wouldn't. And when Obamacare passed the majority of Americans were against that and promptly threw the Democrats out of the majority in the House and Senate. And yet the party of the NRA and gun rights still retains both the House and the Senate.

None of this makes me anti-gun in any way.
But it does make you an advocate of more gun control for the USA.

I am glad to be here.