Miller, the dove O/U is a 20 ga. Beretta 687 SP II with 30" barrels. I use extended chokes in it usually, just for the ease of changing. When taking incomers, like I described, I use an IM choke in the bottom barrel to take the first bird as far out as I can make myself drop the hammer. I tested myself in Argentina on two trips, trying to make myself shoot so early that I could not kill an incomer because it was too far out there. I never did find out. An incoming dove exposes everything important to you .... head and neck, breast, and wing bones. A 7/8 oz. load of 7 1/2s will kill him much farther than I can make myself shoot him, with an IM choke. I like an IC in the top, or second barrel. Many times, at the sound of the first shot, the other doves will flare to one side or the other, giving you a jiving, darting crosser of sorts. But, every now and then, the second bird will keep coming straight at you, which is classic. I have taken the first bird way out front, then taken the second and caught it in my hand as it fell ..... kinda like a high fly ball in center field. 😀

Big fun. SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.