Originally Posted By: L. Brown
Craig, it'd be a good idea if you could avoid contradiction within your posts. Look at your very last sentence. If the employees work 2nd shift, then much of their work is going to fall during non-daylight hours, right?....

Sheesh and fried eggs Larry. Couldn't you tell that I was wasting a bunch of time and type by try to apply 'logic' to the first ninety-eight percent of my nonsense?

If you look at what I quoted from you, my concern was in two areas. First, your contention that muslim prayers breaks were between sunrise and sunset, and second, I was recognizing your stern warning and rant about misquoting.

I quoted you perfectly, but it's possibly to interpret your quote, incorrectly. Your warning to me was about my interpretation of your opinion, not settled fact. Don't you think your quote-n-misquote warning slips to shaky ground if, repeat if not is, the muslims work substantially or completely during night time hours. They also, as a group, are travelling from Green Bay, so not only is their shift substantially not during daylight hours, but company transportation brackets at least a good hour before and after the nine(?) hour shift.

Didn't your comment say covers the day, not all the day? What if there is some indication that the time in question was not between sunrise and sunset? Yes, I acknowledge that you tried to explain how some second shift hours allow their prayer time to fall outside of work, but you're implying that some prayer time necessarily falls into work hours. My opinion says that there are reasonable alternative logical conclusions, foremost being that there be absolutely no need for the muslim call to prayer after sunset.

Couldn't it be supposed that you are giving legitimacy to a practice that is not a requirement of the faith, in other words a 'special right' for that faith and none other? Yes, I've repeated many times that it is unsettled, but why did it take so long for you to come up with a reference that indicates either the courts or a gov regulatory agency will settle it, not congressional legislation?