It's amazing the assumtions people make...John, I am the owner of Stolzer and Son's Gunsmithing and I've never "cobbled" anything in my life. I apprenticed under a master gunsmith then worked part time for 4 years before opening my own shop as a fulltime custom gunmaker. Which I have been doing for the last 10 years. I specialize in pre-1898 Big Bore(muzzleloading and Cartridge) and Muzzleloading Double Rifles. Just because my name is not famous does not mean that I lack the skill or intergity to do the job. It means I don't need any more publicity than I already have because with a 2.5 year backlog more advertising doesn't actually help me.

The fact that he found me on youtube really doesn't mean much either since even Holland and Holland have their own youtube channel. It just means that I use youtube as a venue to show/share some of the builds and knowledge I have.

Perhaps you should have some knowledge about a person or their business before you decide they are just some "dude" who is going to "cobble" this guys gun back together.

If you've got 10 or so hours and want to actually evaluate whether I have the skills to do this work you can watch the fully documented build of a 10 Bore 1844 Purdey SxS Rifle reproduction(replica) on my youtube channel: link - 1844 playlist on my youtube channel

The bill of right - void were prohibited by law!