Originally Posted By: italiansxs
Originally Posted By: treblig1958
Blindfolded you pick up a Rizzini and a Boss you probably couldn't tell the difference or comparing any of the top Belgium, France, Italy and German makers in that test. However, who said "One test beats a thousand expert opinions". Only the English gun has been tested time and time again, over the centuries in the most rugged of conditions against the most dangerous animals and in the most brutal climate any firearm can endure. No other firearm manufacturer can even hold a 'candle' to the history of the English gun.
All the best

If this is true how do you explain Beretta the oldest manufacturing firm in the world? I think it can be safely stated that they have stood the test of time. What constitutes "best" in a shotgun also applies to other categories such as auto,wines,spirits and women* and,of course,is highly subjective and based upon everyones individual whims and predjudices.
With the resources Beretta has at its disposal they could build shotguns unrivaled by anyone else in the world should they chose to do so and have deep enough pockets so they could afford to sell them as loss leaders.
Jim
*My personal preferences are Porsche,Fine Bordeaux Wines,Single Malt Scotches and I'll skip over woman since this is a public forum.

So you like the Italian guns but the German Cars? What about Ferrari- not counting the ugly Enzo and F50, they make/made some beautiful cars.