Those Browning Kangaroo boots were great, wore a couple of pair out over many years. Day in day out, you you'll not do better than a pair of Irish Setters w/the Goodyear welt, if you can bend over to tie them. Ha! I have had great luck with a pair of Rocky 'bomb cloth' Wellingtons for all round use that I had a local Hispanic cobbler grind off the entire lugged sole and retrofit a sole very close to that found on those original Browning Kangaroo boots. Seriously labor intensive and not inexpensive. Have had them redone twice, but my guy has retired now and were I in need of a new pair of upland boots, it would be another pair of Irish Setters and I'd never look back. I've two pair that go back to the 60's. Have Vasque, Danners, L.L. Bean boots, one in need of new bottoms at present, mud boots of several varieties.

Regardless of boot chosen, buy yourself a Peet(sp?) boot drier, best thing ever; they even make a portable model these days. My feet sweat, my boots get wet by days' end. I hate cold feet. Use a boot dryer and polypropylene socks against your feet or Marino wool and never have cold wet feet again.