I saw a "gunsmith" deal with this problem with what I thought was wrong way to fix the problem at the time. He drilled out the ejector pin in the barrels. It spun out before he was half way done. He claimed they almost always released that way. Then he drilled the ejector .010 under the pin size, completely through the ejector. He made a new "pin" with a .010 reduction in the pin size on one end. Placed the pin into the barrel, through the ejector hole and welded it in place on the ejector face. Welded the other side, adjusted the pin length to proper length, and dressed the ejector face down and rear side until it was flat and the repair was invisible. I swear you could not see the repair was not factory.

I never thought about doing it that way but he used the barrels as a jig to hold the pin in perfect position and welded everything into place. Sad to say that "gunsmith" has since died but I no longer think that there is only one way to fix your problem. Thinking outside the box is a under appreciated skill too rarely seen today.