Originally Posted By: gunut
the best way to minimalize unions is to pay workers livable wages and treat them fairly in disputes....then they don't need union protection/bargaining....but most corporations want nothing to do with that...heaven forbid your workers are content with the place they work......my sister in law works 4 Northwestern Mutual Ins....they have a union that you can join if you want.... some do, some don't ...and most of the employees like their jobs...and make a career of it...

Hmmm.

I'd say that this is the reason for the overall decline in Union membership over the last several decades. The exception has been with government unions, which are not constrained by their companies actually having to stay in business, and is responsible for government union members being overcompensated to double what their free and equal counterparts make in the Real Word. Democrat politicians are not constrained by fiduciary responsibility when they use other people's money to buy votes.

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.