Originally Posted By: L. Brown

Kyrie, as I noted in a post above, cleaning by the "help" (gamekeeper and assistants) still takes place every day after a driven shoot. As for the weather, I shouldn't have thought there was any need to mention what it's like in the fall and winter in the UK. There's a reason they wear Wellies and dress in clothes that keep you dry.

I understand, but dont see the connection between wet weather (which requires immediate cleaning and proper storage) and yearly maintenance.

Your disinterest is interesting, given your keen interest in Spanish copies of British designs.

Spanish shotguns arent any more copies of British design than the Beretta M92 is a copy of the Walther P.38. There is this persistent myth that Spanish guns are copies of English game guns, when the truth is Spanish game guns are just European game guns.

And in terms of (dis)interest, some guys prefer blonds and some prefer red heads. The only British firearm in which I have a present interest is the L2A3. I just havent been able to persuade myself I want to put $6,000 to $8,000 into a sub-machine gun. Yet. Im working on it.

As for your friends in the UK . . . how many driven days a year do they shoot?
--- snip ---

Depends on the individuals social class, level of wealth, and interest. One of the fellows I hear from only infrequently because if he isnt hunting in GB hes in Bulgaria, or Russia, or some other place. Theres one fellow who goes from invitation to invitation, and hosts a couple hunts of his own each year. But those are outliers; most of my correspondents are working (if well compensated) people, and pay to hunt.