I'm hardly cheerleading.

The fact is that the GOP as of today has no electable candidates.

I'm well prepared to go without a subsidy for my health insurance, but the fact is that those who have employer sponsored health insurance (like I did for 40 years) are subsidized too.

The cost to an employer to provide health insurance is and always was passed on to the consumer, so those costs are shared by society. The employee's share is a before tax deduction, in fact no SSA or medicare tax is even paid on it. By the way, you pay income tax on the SSA and Medicare tax. A tax on the tax. So you're saved that too.

Thus, group plans have always been subsidized - even encouraged. It's only been the individual ones that have not.

So, like the whore who won't work for a $1, but will for a million... we've established the situation, now we're just haggling price.

ACA in an attempt to level the field for all insurance purchasers created a huge disincentive to work. I'll not argue that the thing was botched, but the concept that everyone should have access to affordable insurance is correct.

I am and will continue to be a one issue voter. I like to shoot.

The race as of today, however, seems wide open... right after Hillary's second term.

"The price of good shotgunnery is constant practice" - Fred Kimble