Thanks for those figures, Dave. So Democrat congressman are richer than GOP across the aisle, and Democratic rich come with more dollars to the aid of their party. They make more and give more. I wonder why.

There's nothing villainous of Koch or anyone giving to both sides of issues or the political system. It's what businessmen do. They say it keeps the democratic system balanced, and it's also a license to do business without fearing the outcome of elections.

I don't know what's democratic about having gaggles of millionaires representing our interests. Canada had the most democratic House of Commons in living memory when no one gave conservative John Diefenbaker, a prairie populist and respected criminal lawyer, a hope of winning an election.

Few wanted to run for the party, the usual lawyers wouldn't come near it, and the result of his winning the federal election was the biggest raft of commoners ever in the House of Commons. I covered the election and Diefenbaker in and out of office for years. Strong believer in human rights.

PS---I remember one time party people got the wrong music for his tumultuous entrance to an Ontario meeting: the hymn "Amazing Grace." It was sung at a funeral I attended yesterday.

Last edited by King Brown; 01/24/15 05:07 PM.