I see your point, on second thoughts, modern casting methods have only recently been able to cast in engraving to any degree, so unless the replacement was recent i would have to agree, that they are likely original.

Perhaps later on in the season i might put one of my pinfires on ticket, i have a pipe dream of the spaniel putting up a pheasant and dropping it with the pinfire. Pipe dream because it relies on myself, the pinfire, and the spaniel to work together.

If i put it on ticket i would likely alter the barrels to accept a modern rimmed cartridge just to make it easier to load for. Best method i have heard of doing it is to alter the barrels to accept a modern rim, punch the primer out of a modern shell. counter sink the brass so a spent .22 casing can be super glued in. Then drill a hole through for the pin. Then you can place your percussion cap in the spent .22 casing and arange your pin to contact. Its not the most straight forward but it does create a cartridge that you can re load multiple times.

Kranks is not so far from me but i would rather not be at the mercy of 6 a piece for some brass.