And the Turks haven't built anything even close to what the Spanish turn out day to day. I, and several of my friends, have owned Turkish sxs. We don't own them anymore. They were a lot less expensive but, guess what? You get what you pay for. And comparing English guns to Spanish guns is silly. The Spanish do make wonderful handling guns that are very reliable and you can get one for less than $10k. I don't know of any new English sidelocks under $40k. We were spoiled by the prices of these guns until Spain joined the EU.
I love the idea of a dealer bringing in guns with headed up but unfinished and rough shaped straight grip stocks. You could even have a big enough piece for either a POW or straight grip and have spare engraved trigger guards on hand. Unfortunately, most folks who want a bespoke gun want to buy it off the rack. I shoot a Perazzi and ordered mine exactly how I wanted it. I was willing to wait 6 months. I have convinced quite a few people to buy Perazzis and they have almost all bought off the rack because - they were unwilling to wait a few months. If you're a dealer you are damned if you do and damned if you don't. Pacific Sporting has unfinished DT11s in stock and for just a few hundred extra $$ you can have a custom stock. Curious to see if they sell well. I want the Spanish to succeed, but don't know how they can do it. DIARM wasn't the answer, but maybe a little bigger company is the answer. I guess I could pony up for a gun and help them out.
Hopeful,
Jeff

"We are men of action. Lies do not become us."
Wesley