June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
6 members (Ploughjogger, LeFusil, Stanton Hillis, Perry M. Kissam, R. Glenz, prairie ghost), 213 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,592
Posts546,780
Members14,425
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13
James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Quote:
"faith-based religious belief is to suspend intellectual objectivity in order to believe in it's mythology and dogma, religious fanatics are the hardest to convert"

I can't speak for others but no one in my church has been asked to suspend intellectual objectivity. If the Pastor of our church said for example: "The Bible says that homosexuality is an abomination so go out and beat up every one you can find" He'd rightfully be greeted with derision.
That type of warped "dogma" IMO is what cults like Islam use to justify carring out their atrocities.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Religion requires a suspension of intellectual objectivity. You have to have "Faith" to believe in what cannot be proven. All religions are controlled by the clerics who come up with the dogma. This is a method of societal control that has always been a part of human history.

In America, religious freedom is protected by the "Free Expression" clause of the Constitution. Americans are free to believe in whatever religion they choose. It is when they attempt to impose their religion upon others that the second clause comes into play, the "Establishment" clause. This is the clause that is being violated by the Religious Statists. They are imposing their sociopathic faith-based dogma on all Americans on a "de facto" basis, declaring that Americans are not "Equal" and are subject to economic deification and demonization via taxation and welfare/entitlement programs. They are demonizing one part of the society, confiscating their economic freedom, and then awarding it to their political/religious followers in order to buy their votes.

Last edited by Ken61; 08/17/14 10:33 PM.

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Here's another example: How about a pastor preaching that evil rich people are responsible for members of his congregation not having as much wealth as they'd like. He convinces his flock to vote for politicians that will go out and "punish" the rich evil-doers, take away their wealth, and give it to members of his congregation. They deserve it because they have been victimized by the rich, making them "righteously entitled" to their money. Sounds preposterous, right? That's an example of a sociopathic religious belief. No less bizarre than Radical Islam.

Last edited by Ken61; 08/17/14 06:07 PM.

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.
Sidelock
Sidelock

ken: is this real? if so, please sight source...or if not, is this just another fantasy made up by you to entertain an adoring audiance?

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Sidelock
Sidelock

Ed, you miss my point.

It's called "The Church of the Democrat Party".

The word is "cite", not "sight".

One of the largest religious works ever created is the U.S. Tax Code.

Last edited by Ken61; 08/17/14 10:39 PM.

James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Quote:
"One of the largest religious works ever created is the U.S. Tax Code."

Yeah: And it takes the biblical "Eye for an Eye" to a whole new level with the Libtards in control!
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

"Blessed are the Statists, for the sociopaths shall inherit the earth."

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
My belief concerning a civil society isn't faith-based, Ken, in the sense of religious faith without proof. The evidence is empirical, plain to see: countries, communities, peoples who share in a liberal sense do immeasurably better than those which govern selfishly, as "I'm alright, Jack, to hell with the rest."

I am not "sharing" when tens of thousands of dollars are taken from me and redistributed in a manner that I find offensive, is used to gradually erode my personal and Constitutional Rights, and frequently runs counter to my religious beliefs. This happens to me via withholding taxes on MY earnings each week, and I get to see the final subtotal when I file my income taxes. I say subtotal because this large chunk is but the tip of the iceberg. I also am compelled to pay real estate taxes, school taxes, sales tax, capital gains tax on my investments, gasoline tax, excise taxes, and a myriad of other taxes. Then there are the hidden taxes that people like King wish to increase even more. They are either too ignorant to understand, or too dishonest to admit, that when the government increases corporate taxes or reduces incentives for corporations to hire and invest in the U.S., those costs are directly passed on to the consumer. The taxes and regulatory and permit fees that are paid by Exxon, Ford, Coca-Cola, Proctor and Gamble, etc. are rolled into the price of every item they sell to me. They don't pay the cost... ultimately, we the consumers do. Then this gets compounded even further because Ford is paying some of the taxes and fees of other companies which are rolled into the cost of the raw and semi-finished materials that they use to build cars. Because I am paying these hidden taxes on goods and services, I end up paying taxes which are taxed again. Then my government borrows to spend even more than they take from me, so I end up paying the interest on this debt, and the dollars I am allowed to keep become worth less because of inflation.

All of this money comes from my physical and mental labor. Years are literally stolen out of my life. To a large degree, there is no "sharing". Those who I am "sharing" with are not reciprocating and "sharing" anything with me. What do I get for this? I get called greedy and mean by Libtards like King Brown. They see this forced servitude or partial slavery as fair, and want me to do even more. Where is the "empirical evidence" that this system is "immeasurably better" for me and millions just like me? Why doesn't King see the other side of the coin where Jamal is saying, "I'm alright, Leroy, to hell with the assh*les who work their tails off to pay for our freebies?"

It might be a bit more palatable if able bodied Welfare recipients had to reciprocate by doing labor to make the country a better place for those who are forced to pay for their comforts. It might even incentivize them to become educated and find a real job. They could pick the crops that are being picked by illegal aliens. They could clean up the roadsides and do road and bridge repairs. They could be conscripted to do military duty or guard our insecure borders. They could tear down vacant buildings in places like Detroit, and scrub graffitti off of walls. They could build prisons so that hardened criminals would not have to be paroled to make room for other offenders who cost society billions. They could either do these things or have the personal freedom to starve.

King is a fraud and a fool who has obviously never considered the full ramifications of what he preaches, and one who does not follow his own prescriptions for "sharing". King has not shed himself of worldly possessions and lived a life of poverty to enable some poor wretches to eat and stay warm. King is a petty hypocrite who is unjustifiably judgemental, and morally and intellectually bankrupt.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

That is what happened in totalitarian communist states. Stalin did that to Ukrainian Kulaks and millions starved as result. Holocaust through redistribution of food sources.

Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.