Where do I begin?

If you want to bring the NFA into the discussion please feel free to do so. Please quote it, reference it, quote the 1934 NRA. Knock yourself out.

There has been no argument from me that restrictions are the same as banning. Please stop straw-manning me. Serious and respectful - remember.

Originally Posted By: ed good

as to which specific firearms to restrict? there is no single answer, except that those details should be determined by the governing authority enacting the legislation.
We can't discuss the benefits here unless we know what your proposed restrictions are and what firearms they will be applied to. We can't possibly have a debate over any "possible benefits" from "restriction of possession" without defining the restrictions.

Originally Posted By: AmarilloMike
OK ed, first define the semi-automatic high capacity firearms you are talking about restricting. Removable magazine and/or non-removable magazine? And define at what number of rounds those magazines become "high capacity"? Rifle and/or pistol? And then tell me what the benefits are of restricting the ones you want to restrict.

Edit: And tell me what your restrictions are.

Again, be specific, no drive-by posts.

If you don't answer these questions now I will know you are just baiting and trolling and not interested in a serious and respectful discussion.

Last edited by AmarilloMike; 07/07/14 08:55 PM.

I am glad to be here.