June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 331 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,610
Posts546,963
Members14,427
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Sidelock
Sidelock

Please, Randall...enlighten us all about this shotgun...do you have anything to offer? anything?...did you even know his gun was a Smith variation before you flew over here? c'mon Randall, let's hear it...what do you know about this shotgun? Anything? Surely you have something, after you taught us all about FN shotguns and semi-sidelocks...now please...could you teach us about this Smith variation...I know relitively little about the "Marks" variation, but what little I know, I am willing to offer...perhaps we could collaborate on this answer...What have you got Randall? knowledge or poop?...I'm sure many Smith collectors are waiting to read your response...as I am
Shoeing pigeons hardly qualifies as caustic.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The nails and shoes required for 'shoeing pigeons' must be extremely small and delicate (possibly similar to the equipment used when milking cats?) please post photos!

Always looking for small bore Francotte SxS shotguns.
Sidelock
Sidelock

For what it is worth----This and the locked thread of the recent past have got to be near the lowest threads that I have read on this treasured BBS.
What or who has happened to us that it seems to be, of a sudden, unpleasant to read some of the threads?
Some of you know and most do not, but this BBS was most instrumental in helping me back to good health. It was the good words, the sharing (joyfully) of information and the friendly banter that was our hallmark and medicine that no M.D. could prescribe.
Please look into yourself, determine your motives for being here and continue as you would if talking WITH a close friend or brother.
Best,
John

Humble member of the League of Extraodinary Gentlemen (LEG). Joined 14 March, 2006. Member #1.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Time for some of these lads to get a grip!
Not all information, is wothwhile, as a matter of fact - the world is filled with such self-important drivelmongers!

Sidelock
Sidelock

Mr Mann...I couldn't agree with you more...this is the lowest the BBS has been in recent history...a young collector turns up with what is perhaps 1 of 4 known "Marks" grade Smith trap guns (maybe rarer than the Whippet)...the rarest of all Smiths (Hunter Arms ok babies), and the regular windbags can not or will not just HONESTLY tell him what he has...His gun is so rare that there is no record of them remaining at Marlin. If fishinghole turns up and says another BBS member already sharked him, I won't be shocked...No one would tell him that his gun is too rare to shoot, and that he should probably put it away and find something else to shoot
In case you can't see what I am trying to do, I will spell it out for you... I am going to raise the bar...I am going to offer REAL data about double shotguns...I am going offer material that can be saved for future cross referencing...when the read only members arrive, I want them to bolster their files with files and photos that can't be found in most libraries...I am going to point out model variations and internal mechanisms 'til their files begin to split into new catagories...If a young collector shows up with a Smith that has the only known set of Hurst ejectors, I plan to see to it that he knows...take a look at the carefully constructed posts by Miller or researcher or eightbore and many others, do you think that kind of data came FREE to these guys...they're giving blood, and you're giving pigeon poop right along side of them..do you really think the readers come here for your latent lonely hearts club chatter?...They are here for the nuggets of information they can get from RELIABLE sources like the members listed above...well I plan to give the readers what they want...accurate history...honest technical answers...vast references on hundreds European makers..complete patent evolutions of the American and European doubles...never before seen photos of the insides of LC Smith, Ithaca, Fox, and Baker...So you just keep on, while I bring my body of reference to bear, we'll see if the readers want immediatly downloadable reference material for their records or lonely hearts club chatter...
With all the time you have spent at this bullitin system, I ask you, (self appointed) Mr. Extaordinary, what can you tell fishinghole about his rarest grade of trap shotgun? The readers are waiting, Mr.Extraordinary

Sidelock
Sidelock

First,
I suspect "fishinghole" is gone.One of the many who post looking for info and don't come back.
Second, I agree completly with my friend John Manns post. There is no reason to take this BBS down the path of so many others where keyboard cowboys post things they dare not say in person and bring down the whole board in order to make themselves feel better about other short commings. This place has been and should remain above that !

Dave K

Last edited by Dave K; 04/24/07 08:30 PM.

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

Mr. Chambers,

First let me start off by saying im a 19 year old college student with a deep love of doubles. Im glad you worked hard to get your information, seriously. However you have belittled many on this board, often when there is no apparent reason. You may have good reason to not like some individuals, but try to keep the personal attacks off the board.
You can talk about other people all you want, but when you start going after Mr.Mann, that bothers me. When few others would give me the time of day, Mr. Mann exchanged countless emails with me. I have met him and talked to him over the phone. He is one of the nicest and most generous gentleman on this board. Many of his guns are far and wide across this country, being looked at and examined by people trying to do research. For example 4 of his Golcher guns are out on the west coast, and have been out there for a few years now, being examined by individuals that have an interest in them. You don't know Mr. Mann, so I suggest you not speak ill of him. He is probably the most respected member of this board, evident by the fact that his tag line was put there by the MODERATORS- Mr.Mann was embarrased and wanted to take it off, its not how he views himself. He certainly doesn't know everything there is to know about doubles, and he would freedly admit that, but he knows more than 99.9% of people do.

He, along with Mr. Georgi, (who you belittled earlier) are two noted experts on Lindner guns.

What I am getting at, Mr. Chambers, is that when you belittle Mr. Mann, its akin to speaking ill of my Grandfathers, and that just doesn't happen. I hope apologies are forthcoming.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Robert Chambers,
You are a toxic presence. The value of any information is based on the source, and your information loses value with each fight you pick.

And by the way, that tinfoil hat isn't working, give it a few more wraps. Doofus.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Robert Chambers
In case you can't see what I am trying to do, I will spell it out for you... I am going to raise the bar...I am going to offer REAL data about double shotguns...I am going offer material that can be saved for future cross referencing...when the read only members arrive, I want them to bolster their files with files and photos that can't be found in most libraries...I am going to point out model variations and internal mechanisms 'til their files begin to split into new catagories...If a young collector shows up with a Smith that has the only known set of Hurst ejectors, I plan to see to it that he knows...take a look at the carefully constructed posts by Miller or researcher or eightbore and many others, do you think that kind of data came FREE to these guys...they're giving blood...

As one who values the willingness of fellow firearms enthusiasts' to share precious and valuable information that is acquired at considerable costs in terms of both correct and wrong guns bought (real world tuition), libraries paid for out of limited resources, out of print books purchased at 100 times their original cost, and endless hours collecting data, Mr. Chambers I second your thoughts and extend my gratitude for your eloquent expression of that sentiment (I just rated you a 5 star in appreciation of that sentiment).

Pride in knowledge, engaging in knowledge wrestling matches in order to show one's superiority, embitters what would otherwise be sweet. It costs nothing to be kind or helpful to another in need and the rewards are typically immense and immediate (found within).

As stated by a previous poster here, I agree everyone here has been very tolerant of my inquiries, 100% responsive and the valuable information I have found here could not have been so quickly obtained anywhere else.

The information available here fuels interest in our hobby and such information, like the tides lifts all boats in the harbor, elevates all of us.

Doug

Sidelock
Sidelock

Chambers, I don't mean to attack you, but I have been offended also by your abusive posts of late. When you stoop to attack John Mann, you are turning most of the Board against you.

You may very well have loads of information to share with us, but you've been pretty slow in showing any of it off. Aren't you the same guy who years ago embarrased yourself and everybody else sucking up to whoever it was posting as "Johann Fansoj", and stated your opinion that all American guns were nothing but "farm implements"???...Geo

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.