I recently purchased a gun for the 1st time, from C.WATSON'S ORANGE-COAST AUCTIONS that was described by them thusly; "Condition is excellent,and exhibiting only light marks from handling to stock, and small areas of micro-scratching to barrel". The gun arrived today and while I got a good buy on it; had I not I would have really been pissed. As it was, it was PUFFED MORE THAN GRASS, AT A GRATEFUL DEAD CONCERT. I FEEL THEIR DECRIPTIVE POWERS ARE A TOTAL SHAM! What's more, Accuracy does not enter into their vocabulary. What they described as micro scratches were in fact, the majority of bluing about 1/2 inch from the muzzle back missing, with numerous long scratches running up to an 1/8th. of an in. wide and 2 ins. long, along the top and underside of the barrel. The stock was covered in every conceivable type of bump, ding, nick, scratch, gouge, dent, and mar, known to gun owner and stockmaker. If I were selling this gun, I would grade it at no more than 80%. To sum it up did I get screwed, No... but did I get the gun they described HELL NO! The only thing that saved me was the price was good, but then with the on site bidders there to see it and with only one person bidding against me [on site] THAT MAYBE SAYS IT ALL! The thing to take away from this is Beware! Oh BTW if you're saying maybe I just had an unusual bad experience, I Googled them and one of the first hits I found was a Luger collector talking about them listing a fake Luger, soooooooooo CAVEAT EMPTOR with CAROL WATSON'S, IT WASN'T ELEMENTARY. HTH

Posted by Alvin Linden
Appearing on page 3 of this thread
Dated: Wed Jun 11 2014 05:48 PM

A little after 3:20p.m.EST,I received a call from Carol Watson herself, she started by saying she heard I was disappointed in the item I received, I detailed all the problems stated here including one omitted [the barrel was listed as excellent, but I received it so dirty you could hardly see lands and grooves differentiated,in it. How could they tell? I couldn't until it was cleaned [it took over an hour], and it was fine. SHE APOLOGIZED AND OFFERED A FULL REFUND INCLUDING FULL SHIPPING. I found her to be a very nice person, with an interest in making things right. I declined, and told her that I was going to put some money, into getting it brought up to their description. I TOLD HER THE PERSON DOING THE DESCRIPTION ON HER GUNS COULD NOT HAVE POSSIBLY SEEN THIS RIFLE, AND DESCRIBED IT AS SUCH! I strongly suggested she rethink the person in this job and maybe a person familiar with guns, was an improvement.

Last edited by Dave Weber; 06/23/14 09:00 PM. Reason: One sided coin