Hi all, just another of those posts to pass the time. So...have any good tales about buying a gun and getting ripped offed by the seller?

I've got one that just happened, didn't cost me all that much, but still it pi$$ed me off.

I was looking for one certain gun (aren't we all) and looked high and low, even post want ads, then low and behold, one shows up on Armslist. Contacted the seller, everything on the up and up, made the deal and asked for the total price. The guy charged me $75 for shipping & insurance. I thought that seemed a bit high, questioned him on it and he said that the cost of shipping & insurance was $50 and his FFL was charging him $25 for the transfer. I e-mailed back saying he didn't have to go thru a FFL. No response, thought, oh boy. E-mailed him saying I was sorry about questioning him and if everything was okay. He got back saying he was out of town, no offense taken. He gave me a Tracking Number (USPS) got the gun, which was in excellent condition, but minus 3 of the choke tubes. E-mailed about them, he said,it only came with 2 when he got it (after he told me it had 5 tubes). Now I'm pi$$ed. Here the gun came, not from a FFL, but from him. His address and no FFL in the box. Previous I asked for the FFL's name to give to my FFL, all he said was it was coming from his home town, no FFL name. The cost to ship the gun with insurance was $27.00. So he lied and got away with an extra $48.00. I e-mailed him my thoughts on the matter, have not heard squat from him. Didn't get ripped off bad, but he must have thought I was stupid.

So....yours?

Best!

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret