June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
2 members (Ken57, susjwp), 232 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,600
Posts546,885
Members14,426
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 24 of 25 1 2 22 23 24 25
SKB Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Good luck Mike!

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
James M Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: SKB
I do not believe we went into Iraq with unanimous world support. Many did not believe the claims of Weapons of Mass destruction and urged caution. We had no UN mandate, but a coalition. Iraq was a huge mistake in terms of dollars spent and the loss of US integrity on the world stage. I completely agree that Obama's foreign policy is a mess, but I do not feel Bush did very well in that area either. As I have stated before, in my view, plenty of blame to go around after two failed administrations in a row. A sad state of affairs.

I for one as a Conservative did not support the invasion of Iraq. My position was that Hussein was more useful in place in keeping the various entities from each others throats and avoiding civil war. We many not have approved of his tactics in doing so but they were effective. My position was that we could win a war against Iraq; it was the peace that would prove a difficult task.
Unfortunately much of this is painfully apparent today with Iraq in a near civil war situation. Bombing and murders occur on almost a daily basis.
As an aside: Contrary to what the Liberals have maintained the Iraqis did have weapons of mass destruction at least in the form of chemicals. These are documented to have been used against the Kurds. Much of the material was moved into Syria before the invasions and have been used against the populace by that regime.
I suspect it's going to take another "strongman" to get that Country back under control again.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Civil unrest is one issue, but a quick look at a map tells me it's a strategic location for a military base. There were times when the US had to request fly over permissions and basically announce any surveillance or other activity. One example, there's little doubt in my mind that the success of the current drone program has to do with secrecy and reaction time. We've parked on the DMZ for some sixty years, it might be thought that we have an interest in monitoring the middle east.

Anyway, go get 'em Mike. Running four dogs, sounds like you're gonna be busy.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
No embellishing, Craig. It can't be embellished. Taking off Monday for NYC to pick up, in effect, the Nobel Prize for responsible forestry, awarded by the Rainforest Alliance once globally each year to a community-backed organization.

http://thefrogblog.org/2014/04/30/rainforest-alliance-annual-gala-to-be-held-may-7th/

Really? It sure looks embellished to me. King's organization, the Nova Scotia Landowner's and Forest Fibre Producer's Association is but one of ten receiving the Sustainable Standard-Setter Award. The Lifetime Acheivement Award is going to Paul Polman, CEO of Unilever.

I never knew there was a Nobel Prize for Small Potatoes. More resume inflation from the Burger King. Too bad they don't give a Nobel Prize for Bullshit!

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Forum: a medium of discussion/expression of ideas. https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum
Sidelock
Sidelock

nca and craig, the dimensions of Bunkerville ignorance reminds of the GOP: all in for the same thing but trying to kill each other in the process. And here's the embellishment omitted earlier:

"Dear Mr. Brown:

In appreciation of Nova Scotia Landowners and Forest Fiber Producers Associations (NSLFFPA) commitment to sustainability, it is with pleasure that the board of directors and I invite the company to be recognized with the Sustainable Standard-Setter award at the Rainforest Alliance annual gala taking place on May 7, 2014 at the American Museum of Natural History in New York City.

The Sustainable Standard-Setter award is our opportunity to provide global recognition to industry champions who have the vision to make sustainability a priority and the dynamism to make it a reality. NSLFFPA has been a critical part of this journey we have undertaken to build a more sustainable and equitable future. Sustainable forest management has long been a priority within the association, and its leadership in promoting the FSC in Nova Scotia has made a tremendous impact in the province. Its continued success protecting both the environment and the interests of woodlot owners has made the NSLFFPA a sterling example for the industry. With these outstanding achievements and more, I can think of no better time than now to recognize NSLFFPA with the Sustainable Standard-Setter award, for its leadership in sustainable business practices.

"Past honorees embody a distinguished group including HRH The Prince of Wales, Walter Cronkite, Blommer Chocolate Company, Olam International Ltd., Kraft Foods Inc., AMResorts, Mars, Incorporated, Unilever-Lipton Tea and Domtar among many others. We are proud to announce next years confirmed honorees include Paul Polman, CEO of Unilever, Livia Firth, Creative Director of Eco Age Limited/The Green Carpet Challenge and C.F. Martin & Co., Inc. The 2014 gala program will include a brief presentation of the prestigious Sustainable Standard- Setter and Lifetime Achievement awards, a silent auction, a formal dinner and live entertainment."

There is only one RA sustainability award given globally annually to a community-backed organization.

SKB Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Congratulations and do take some time to enjoy the museum on your trip. The NY Natural history museum and the British Museum are two of my favorites.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
Sidelock
Sidelock

Thank you. Nancy and I love New York.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Rainforest Alliance 2014 Sustainable Standard Setter Awards... click on the Rainforest Alliance link above and count 'em... there's ten total. One of them goes to NSLFFPA of which King is a co-coordinator. I wonder if the other co-coordinator is embellishing and tooting his own horn?

But more interesting is the rest of the story from the rival Nova Scotia Woodlot Owners and Operators Association which does not see widespread clearcutting and taking saplings as small as 1 1/2" in diameter to feed a 60 megawatt biomass power plant at the New Page Pulp Mill as environmentally responsible, "FSC certification or not." Read about what amounts to a unionized effort to do short rotation clear-cutting with a huge carbon footprint. There's worse slash and burn type forestry practices going on, but this doesn't sound very sustainable and sure isn't returning the Nova Scotia forests to Acadian pre-European old growth timberlands. But hey, even an old communist needs to make a living!

http://rabble.ca/columnists/2009/11/future-forestry-nova-scotia

Congratulations on your embellishment, oops, I mean award King. Since you're are now making lame efforts to prove me wrong, maybe you'll show us what you personally have done to advance gun rights in your own country instead of working to screw up ours. Hope you didn't hurt your shoulder patting yourself on the back once again. Maybe you can get some more anti-Second Amendment pointers from ex-Mayor Bloomberg while you're in New York.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

Sidelock
Sidelock

actually Bloomberg is gone,there is even a worse liberal in charge de blasio- they Hate him there but King will be right in his element.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/03/...-at-citi-field/

Be sure to enjoy a horse drawn carriage ride while you there King-he wants to outlaw them. And oh yea don't even think about using a fireplace in NYC he wants them outlawed as well. Don't worry thou at least its a "gun free" zone,you should feel very safe.....................

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-...ticle-1.1774643

Hillary For Prison 2018
Page 24 of 25 1 2 22 23 24 25

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.