The U S Constitution on Federal Land Ownership Article I Section 8:

"Perhaps the most important factor in the escalating showdown, though, is the U.S. Constitution — the contract whereby state governments delegated certain limited powers to the federal government. In Article I, Section 8, the American people, acting through their sovereign states, granted this authority to their agent: “To exercise exclusive legislation in all cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten miles square) as may, by cession of particular states, and the acceptance of Congress, become the seat of the government of the United States, and to exercise like authority over all places purchased by the consent of the legislature of the state in which the same shall be, for the erection of forts, magazines, arsenals, dockyards, and other needful buildings.”

In other words, the federal government’s purported claims of jurisdiction over an estimated one-third of America’s landmass are brazenly unconstitutional. Whether federal courts are willing to concede that should be irrelevant — the language of the Constitution is clear, and there is no need for "interpretation" by federal supremacists in the federal judiciary. "

I had the opportunity to bring up the above last evening with Rep David Schweikert(R,AZ) and Rep Darrell Issa(R,CA) on an online forum I was invited to participate in. They both agreed that this is a real issue that will be addressed as the Western States have already begun the process of rolling back the unconstitutional Federal abuse in this area.
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.