You can't use a gun for a journeymans piece unless you made it yourself. As badly as I want to share the truth about this aspect of collecting, I'm reluctant to put the info into the hands of sharks who would use the info to shark young collectors out of their hierlooms. I'll tell you this, Kornbrath and Baker collectors are to be treated with extreme caution in every aspect of dealing. For decades, Baker collectors kept quiet about the fact that all (or most) high grade Bakers were engraved by Kornbrath. The less everyone else knows, the better their chances of buying the gun at 10 cents on the dollar. There is no reason why most Kornbrath engraved guns have history of being stolen other than greed. Kornbraths personal gun was handmade by Emil Flues and Sam Koch (sp?). There is nothing published about the subject. Most of Flues high grade guns were engraved by Kornbrath and were also stolen one by one, except Tom Mix's gun. That's why they never see the light of day. This includes the Ras Tafari gun, the most important gun in African American history. The Etheopian Culture Museum in Addis Ababa can't or wont account for it's whereabouts. Not only is Korbraths personal Flues gun on display at the Cody museum, it's the museums premier piece. Unfortunately none of my Flues guns were engraved by Kornbrath. Emil's personal gun was engraved by himself. Every good Newton rifle was finished by Flues, but be careful, there are alot of post 1919 Newtons out there.

Last edited by Robert Chambers; 04/15/07 02:37 PM.