I've been hoping for someone to reproduce/continue the LeFever guns, and this past year finally bought a LAC 12ga just to see the firearm for myself. Since gripes are freely aired here, I'll start with the disappointment that it'll be the LAC guns vice the later DM LeFevers for a piece-project. False sideplates are nice, but since they don't add anything except engraving surface while complicating stocking efforts and possibly result in a relatively weaker stock/receiver connection, I'd like the idea of the later guns. They might even add weight although it'd at least be somewhat centrally located. Plus, it appears there would be no legal issue with the name. I know, waaaaaaaah. : )

As for the rest of the specs, the combination of 16ga, twin triggers, fixed choke barrels of 28" and extractors falls right into how I would desire such a gun. It's what I'd look for in an original if I were to shop for a shooter to keep.

As for the name, simply "LeFever" or "LeFever Gun" would do. It would be a continuation of a design, and just as Galazan makes M21's as a continuation of their production without the Winchester name (optionally), it's the design that matters.

Any idea what it would cost to replicate B-Grade or higher engraving on a LAC gun? Oh, yeah, I vote to keep the cocking indicators!

kgb