Originally Posted By: canvasback
Sitting here in the dark with my iPad. In the middle of an ice storm and the power is out. I expect it will be for a while.

I found your post quite interesting Stan. I'm curious, and I'm really not trying to start something, just explore it, but as you noted, four of the seven sins mentioned are of a sexual nature. What is with the focus on sex?

Corinth was noted for sexual sins, canvasback. In ch. 5 Paul addresses it specifically. This entire book is one of the letters from Paul to the new church at Corinth, and addresses particular problems there. There were even temple prostitutes.

Some would say that since it was written to the church at Corinth it doesn't apply to us today. If it didn't, the Holy Spirit would not have seen fit to include it in the Bible we have today. It's no accident that it, and many other letters (epistles), are there for us. Again, James 1:17 is vitally important .......... "with whom (God) there is no variation or shadow of turning". What applied to the new believers at Corinth in the first century applies to believers today.

Thanks, SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.