Originally Posted By: Geo. Newbern
Uhh Ted, what possible use would a Form 4457 be to Berrien Moore in this situation? He bought the the Darne in Paris. He's never imported it to the USA. He could never have taken it to a customs office to have a Form 4457 signed.

Your quote as set out above says to me that the customs form is the only method of proving prior possession in the USA. That's simply wrong. A receipt or bill of sale is sufficient proof as set out in the Customs FAQs I quoted. The Form 4457 is only one convenient method of such proof, not the only proof available...Geo

Everything you say would be completely relevant-if, the gun had ever been here. Or, had been bought here. His receipt from France isn't going to help him. I can promise you if he showed up at the airport after returning from France with his V-22 and a receipt from a transaction in France a decade ago, he would not be leaving the airport with his gun, and might not even be going straight home. And, while form 4457 isn't the only such proof for proving prior ownership, it is the BEST. My point was that Mr. Moore shouldn't show up at Customs at the airport with his gun in his baggage and no way to prove it was his and he had acquired it legally. That's a no-no.

Hey, Jani,
The asking price on CSMCs V22 includes a stock that is pinned and a rubber extension under the original butt plate.
I think it will be for sale for a long time.