Originally Posted By: AmarilloMike
....whites make up 45% of the prison population and blacks make up about 55%. So I have about the same chances of being assaulted or robbed by a white as a black.

When I see a black man he is about six times more likely to assault me than when I see a white man. But the odds that either assaults me are miniscule....

It's really not too tough to look up. Across the nation, you are correct, but in reality, if a dozen or so of the worse cities in America and their riff raff could be banned, that black crime rate would plummet.

There is significant community and national enabling of the problem. It is politically incorrect to even mention it. It's easy to figure out the demographics of those places.

When the president commented about treyvon, he had a message to the violent protesters, and we know where these various locations are. There was no mention of being held responsible for criminal activity, only that it might dishonor trey's memory.

To me holding to the literal reading of those percentages is a way to willingly ignore the reality of crime. If it's just a numbers game, we should immediately start releasing black criminals from prison till their numbers reflect their population percentage in society.

I don't live in terror either, but I think it's because of choices. Take a look at the mess detroit is in, and yes I'm implying that there's a huge racism problem with the community and the politics there. I don't think it needs to even be slightly racially related. An awful lot of black folks had to have picked up and left to drop the population from over two million to under seven hundred thousand.

It's those thinking folks of any persuasion that are the reason that you and I don't live in terror each day. I wonder if it could be said that George Z. lives in terror.