Originally Posted By: Gunwolf
Run with The Fox,
thanks for "speakig to my Heart" as well!
My first name is Wolfgang, that means " Run with the Wulf" - think we are not
a long way away from each other.... ;-)

Best, Gunwolf
Danke, meine Fruend. Back to English, and my compliments as to your fluency in that language, it is my understanding that mastering English has been required for graduation in the German School system for many years- Where I live in MI- the town is of Danish heritage- but only Spanish and French are taught in the area schools, no German, Italian or Danish-- And I appreciate your solid correction between Schrote and Schrotte, helps me learn and progress-- funny perhaps, how close some words are in almost all the World's various languages- a slight change in spelling- etc--

Back to Deutsch for a moment-- schwul und schweul, Ja. Ich bist auf dem richtigen Spur, und nicht Schwul- Das wetter, machts schweul heute??-- Other examples where a different spelling, or the omission of the umlat can make a difference: At a formal party, one could ask for Vorspeise, but to ask a Lady for Vorspiel-- Verbotten, Ja? And I don't know if you are familiar with older American movies- my favorite now deceased actor of the 1960-1970 era was Steve McQueen- He played the part of USAAF Captain Virgil Hiltz in "The Great Escape"-- good thing he said "Nicht Scheissen" when he went to retrieve his baseball in the early part of that great movie- and not "Nicht Scheise"-- Ja???

I have 3 older LC Smiths-pre-1913 and a friend who has two made later in the 1930's- both are for either clay pigeons or live bird shooting-- the Single Trap has a Schnabel (beak) style forearm, and like 99% of the great Germanic gun designs, has a practical as well as aesthetic place-- a "form following function"--

I have heard of a few LC Smith shotguns extant in Europe--but I should think they are scarce--and so many other great gunmakers still in business, whereas the real Hunter Arms designed and built LC Smith guns went under about 1945--

Thanks for posting this German link on this BBS, there are many LC Smith fans that frequent this website-- Und-- Prosit!!

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..