Just to update this post, based on the V-C catalogs I have seen, this appears to be a Commodore model made in the 1950s, which was a mid-grade model with extractors and manual safety. According to the V-C catalogs, ejectors were only offered on their top-end models. Unfortunately, I have not been able to track down a price list.

The quadruple grip lockup is very robust, and the gun sounds like an 8lb Perazzi when it closes, even though it weighs only 6.5 lbs. There are the standard Purdey underbolts, and then two extensions on the barrels. The first extends off the back of the rear lump and is locked down by a bolt extending forward from the bottom of standing breech – essentially a third Purdey underbolt. The other barrel extension is similar to the Webley screw grip – it extends into the top of the standing breech and is cammed down by the top lever, which relies on threads in the spindle to lock it down.

The barrels had some surface corrosion so NECG reblued them. I ended up having the gun restocked using a Cecil Fredi blank – I asked NECG to duplicate the shape and checkering pattern from the original stock as closely as possible and I think they got it right.

Such a long, long time to be gone, and a short time to be there.