Keith, I believe what you say is true regarding the overall numbers of gun owners, the growth in gun ownership etc. I, like many of you, have revelled in the successful expansion of CC laws in across the States and the resulting drop in gun violence. This despite having never shot a handgun. I only buy old shotguns. But I'm fighting for handgun and black gun owners. For me this issue is all about fundamental personal and property rights. Because ultimately, they will be coming for my shotguns.

What I am concerned about is the long term and I believe, if I'm reading the tea leaves correctly, that the tide is turning against us. The emotional power of the liberal media, the liberal educational system and liberal Hollywood is going to beat us eventually if we don't, as Der Ami suggested find a way to combat their emotional message with a better more appealing emotional message from our side.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia