Originally Posted By: HomelessjOe
Only an idiot would suggest that a law could stop an insane person from committing a mass shooting.

I am for doing something to keep guns out of the hands of criminals.

What do you suggest..doing nothing ?....

The problem is jOe, you want to do something based on your betting hunch. If you kNow criminals are breaking the law, then enforce existing law. Second, law enforcement should profile. If you know who the criminals are and they know who the criminals are then resources should be concentrated.

You keep assuming all guns are registered, but many never were and many have an original registration that has long since faded into the woodwork by hand shake sales. What would stop known unregistered guns from being transferred withOut a background check when all the new owner has to claim is 'I got it before the new law'.

The dept. of just., as noted many times, advised the administration that private transfer (not just sales) would require 100% registration to be effective. Ok, no registration, I hear you like a broken record, but why won't you acknowledge the strategy of defacto registration. Some want to flush the ole closet guns out of the woodwork for reasons that have nothing to do with gun violence.

The landscape is changing quickly. Why you wanna help, and are we going to recognize this part of America in twenty years.