Hello WildCattle,

Would it be possible for you to post a couple of pictures of your front and rear sights? My reason for wanting to see them will be clear shortly.

Here are pictures of the sights on my rifle. Brass front bead, and opposing folding leaf rear.

The reason I ask to see your sight configuration is..... I got a hold of some generic Lebel ammo that was loaded commercially using Graf brass, "8mm Lebel - Graf" headstamp, and 185g sp .323 dia bullets.

Well, I went to the range for a look-see because its been 4 days since I've owned this and I couldn't wait any longer to shoot it.

I should have waited. At 50 yards using the lower of the 2 rear sights, the rifle shot high. When I folded down both rear leaves, and sighted down the rib like a shotgun, the rifle still shot high.

And, ... right barrel shot "left" of center, and left barrel shot "right" of center, with all shots being on the same horizontal plain. According to this result, the front site should be higher if I aim down the rib, and higher still if I use the lower rear leaf.

Loads were reasonable with primers showing acceptable pressure levels. I didn't take the extra time to set up the chronograph since I didn't expect to be using 185g bullets in the future and was just making the brass empty for reloading.

But, I'll set up the chrono next time.

Got any words of wisdom?