May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
7 members (Hoot4570, battle, Lloyd3, KDGJ, 2 invisible), 425 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,549
Posts546,212
Members14,423
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

I've actually been a member here since 08 but this is my first post so a proper introduction is appropriate. My name is Colin Stolzer and I am the owner of Stolzer and Son's Gunsmithing. I apprenticed under Steve Zihn 13 years ago and have been a fulltime custom gunmaker for the last 8 years. I know my name gets mentioned here once in a while because I tracked my business website back to link on here a while back.

The reason I haven't been more active on this board is because I never really felt I had anything to offer here given the number of very well respected Double Gun experts on this forum but today I think I have something to show off that is worth sharing.

SO without further ado here are a few pictures of the most recent project I finished for one of my customers:

The Specifications:

2 Bore (1.326")

Action - Left Handed Jones Rotary Underlever(1859 patent) with Dolphin Shaped Back Action Locks(Stalking Safeties and Intercepting sears. Extractor(non ejector).

Barrels - 30" long, 1:48" twist.

Stock - Sugar Maple, very hard, very dense, plain figured, straight grained. Stained to customers specifications. Oil Finished.

Checkering - 22 Lines Per Inch, Semi-Flattop

Forearm with Ebony tip.

Stock Dimensions were fitted to the customers measurements.

2 Screw Gripcap

Pachmayr Decelerator recoil pad.

NECG Multi-Leaf Express Sight in a Quarterrib, Front Sight is Silver Caterpillar.

4 - 13oz. Mercury Recoil Reducers in the Buttstock

Metal Finish - Action, Triggerguard, Gripcap, Underlever, Locks and Hammers are Color Case Hardened. Barrels, Sights and Swivels are Rust Blued. Screws are Nitre Blued.

Finished Weight is 44 pounds.

There are more pictures on my website at this link:
2 Bore Double Rifle

At the bottom of that page there is also a link to my Blog were I fully documented this build from paper drawing to finished rifle. There is approximately 10 hours of videos on my blog covering over 1300 hours of build time.

I hope this post isn't inappropriate in anyway as a first post. If it is or I have violated any rules please let me know so I can change or modify it as I don't want to make my first post here a bad one.

Any comments or questions are welcome, I'll try to answer as best I can.

Colin

The bill of right - void were prohibited by law!
Sidelock
Sidelock

eek

“I left long before daylight, alone but not lonely.”~Gordon Macquarrie
Sidelock
Sidelock

WOW!!!!
And
WELCOME

USAF RET 1971-95 [Linked Image from jpgbox.com]
Sidelock
Sidelock

Delivered just in time for late season squirrels.
CHAZ

Last edited by Hoof; 01/17/13 01:23 PM.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Boy oh Boy:
Is Joe Biden gonna be after you!! grin
On a serious note have you actually fired this?
Jim

The 2nd Amendment IS an unalienable right.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Cool! What's the bore on the double next to your 2 bore in the 3rd photo? The 2 bore makes it look fairly insignificant.

Cameron Hughes
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Italiansxs,
Yeah I have fired it more than I wanted to, I did all the load development and regulation work. There are videos on my blog of me shooting it.
Link to video of me shootin it.

Cameron,

That's my 450-400 3" next to it, there are more pics at this link that show how much bigger it is than my 450-400.
http://www.stolzergunsmithing.com/2boredoublerifle.htm

Last edited by CowboyCS; 01/17/13 02:18 PM.

The bill of right - void were prohibited by law!
Sidelock
Sidelock

44 pounds! You are going to have to have a team of gun bearers to tote that around; or mount it on a gun carriage.

I am glad to be here.
Sidelock
Sidelock

The portion of the video where you have to put out the fire is a nice touch.

That's some gun.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Now thatr is what I call a FIRST post. WOW!!

Oh, and BTW, welcome to active posting. IMO, you just feel free to post something like that anytime you please.

Does it kick youez??

DDA

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.