June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
5 members (Ted Schefelbein, Ken57, Tim in PA, Kip, mark), 275 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,600
Posts546,884
Members14,426
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Hi.

I hope someone can help me with some info on my shotgun. laugh

age?

model name?

value?

What i got:
Manufacture Francaise D 'Armes Et Cycles De St Etiene

Left barrel
CHARGE D'EPREUVE T.3.46-36
CHARGE NORMALE VOIRE 2.5.25-36

Right barrel
MANUTACTURE FRANCAISE
D ARMES & CYCLES SAINT ETIEN

On the barrel
18,0 = bore size.
65 = the chamber legth

stem 30

from a magasin 1910, I can also find this shotgun in the 1900 magasin, however in the 1895 the same model 655 but there is a smale different.

18,0 = bore diameter mm
65 = chamber legth mm

PT with one crown above means the gun has been proofed for the normal load (by this time it meant 850 bars or 12000 pounds per sqare inch)."Charge normale"means the same .
-"épreuve fusil fini" means the gun was proofed when really ready for sale,as in the past gunmakers were on the habit ot proofing the guns before finishing(polishing,buffing, bluing...)
-MF with crossed cannons is the maker's stamp (info from this site)

http://www.bm-st-etienne.fr/simclient/in...S=BKDD_1970675#

stamp number 2 on my barrel , 3| St-estienne (page 39)

3| over PT same on my barrel (page 39)

18.0 stamp on my barrel caliber 12 (page 43) =12/65

(page 55)

NOS?
Fusils = gshotgun/gun
pour= for
poudres = pouder
pyroxylèes = blackpouder ?

Please help me smile

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: manufrance owner

Hi.

I hope someone can help me with some info on my shotgun. laugh

value?

Sure.... cool

If the gun shown was in very good condition it would be worth maybe 5 or 6 hundred bucks....in the condition shown I'd say the gun has ZERO value.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The value goes down as the rust increases, wipe the gun down with WD40, Break Free, Triflow or if you have nothing else motor oil but STOP the rust now. My value would be 2-300.

bill

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: bill schodlatz
The value goes down as the rust increases, wipe the gun down with WD40, Break Free, Triflow or if you have nothing else motor oil but STOP the rust now. My value would be 2-300.

bill

Any of the above lubricants and some 4-0000 steel wool will make that rust disappear...Geo

Sidelock
Sidelock

How pitted are the bores? If the inside is anything like the outside, save your time unless you want a nicer looking wall hanger. If the bores are pitted, it has pretty much no value except as a wall hanger which will be around $75.00 in my parts.

Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

The barrels is in better inside then ouside. I also belive a lot off the rust can be removed.
I value is not that importent for me, is more age and model name.
I inheritedet this shotgun from my grandad and the sentementel value is graeter than cash smile
And the joy telling my grandad the guns historie is priceless wink

Any one age and model info???? smile

Last edited by manufrance owner; 11/27/12 04:34 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Looks like a nice wallhanger. But even wallhangers fetch $200-300 on Gunbroker.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I'd buy some bronze wool (available at most hardware stores), some Kroil or other penetrating oil, and bring some elbow grease along, too. You can get rid of the active rust that way and not lose anything worth keeping: bluing, browning, plating, patina. "Sentimental value" is a REAL value, IMO.

There are guys here who know Manufrance backwards, forwards, and sideways. I'm not one of them, but maybe one will chime in and let you know where this gun fits in the Manufrance world. I fairly recently visited their museum, but it is more focused on bikes and bicycles than guns, although there were a couple of drool-making "Ideals" there.

Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Lets hope the right guys will find this topic smile and when I return from huntig this weekend a lot off info will wait for me laugh

I recived a mail from the museum today, so lets hope they can help me.

Sidelock
Sidelock

M.O.

try this link, they are frency focused.
http://www.gournetusa.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=4

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.