I once bought a couple of flats of Italian 2 1/2 12 ga No 71/2 shot for grouse, to be used in a modern Wm Evans (1927) BLE
Paper case, marked RC, Professional Game, 65mm. The boxes were marked "CIP", so I assume the pressure was in conformance with the rules of the CIP.
Anyway, these cartridges produced so much recoil I could not shoot them in the Evans and used them up in a Remington 1100 for sporting clays, and in that gun the empties were thrown a long way.
So just because a factory cartridge is marked 65mm, or 2 1/2" it does not mean it is low pressure as some people think.
I have an Alex Thomson 12 ga bar action Jones underlever from around 1870, with apparently sound Damascus barrels and I shoot 3/4 oz loads of No 8 shot with a light load of Green Dot and a WAA 12 wad in a paper Federal Gold Medal case cut down, roll crimped, for a loaded length of 2 1/4". Cute.
Gold 40 has recipes for 7625 (?) he uses in his older guns. I do not subscribe to using 2 3/4" hulls in 2 1/2" chambers whatever Sherman Bell said.
I use Green Dot because that is what I have on hand.