June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
3 members (Hoot4570, Der Ami, 1 invisible), 257 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,600
Posts546,885
Members14,426
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#278126 05/13/12 10:19 PM
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

My foot doc, a tucson resident,would like to import a Winchester '94 that he owns. Does that go through the normal Form 6 ATF routine or is there a simpler, better way to get it to the states?

[IMG]
Sidelock
Sidelock

He needs a approved form 6, no other legal way

Sidelock
Sidelock

At least he no longer has to provide a Canadian registration certificate along with the Form 6 when entering the US.
We sure rejoiced when the long gun registry was abolished

Sidelock
Sidelock

Hello Mike,

If I were to buy a rifle in Canada -say a .308- could someone put it in
the mail to send it to Chile without much of a hassle? Or am I being too
optimistic.

On this end only some red tape and fees are needed.

JC

"...it is always advisable to perceive clearly our ignorance."ť Charles Darwin
Sidelock
Sidelock

I think so. Customs declaration should declare that it is a "dissassembled unloaded hunting rifle, no ammunition in package" Remove the stock to make a ,m ore compact package
I'll ask my postal clerk when I get the mail this morning.
I mailed a 22 Ross rifle to the NRA Museum in Bisly, England a couple of years ago. It got there OK, because I saw it in its glass case with other Ross rifles when I was there last year.
Mike

Sidelock
Sidelock

OOps, Bisley. quite the place to visit if you are in Surrey county.
Mike

Sidelock
Sidelock

Mike, thanks for your reply.

I have been perusing the canadiangunnutz.com exchange pages and there are
some very interesting and well priced rifles there.

I have started deer hunting recently and have come to see the practicality of having
a rifle set to one's personal requirements. It is not the same to hunt with a loaner.

JC

Sidelock
Sidelock

What kind of deer do you have in Chile. JayCee?
Canadian Gunnutz certainly is full of guns for sale!
Mike

Sidelock
Sidelock

I mostly hunt red deer (Cervus elaphus) and we also have fallow deer (Dama dama).
We go after wild boar (Sus scrofa) too.

All these species were introduced in the late eighteen hundreds.

JC

Sidelock
Sidelock

Jaycee, I know someone who has exported some guns from Canada so would be familiar with the export requirements from the Canadian government standpoint. I will email him and ask.

As far as using Postal service goes, if it is legal in Chile, it should be legal in Canada. The issues arise potentially when clearing customs in the destination country. I have been researching shipping from France to Canada and have decided to use AirFrieght. About a 50% premium($125 vs $80), but much faster and more traceable and also easier from a customs clearance standpoint once in Canada.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.