Jim,
I agree with you, it seems like it should be past time for someone associated with Beretta to do a book on Beretta side by side shotguns. I got the small dent in the right barrel fixed but I have run into a problem with the action on this gun. Like so many of these Berettas, this one has a front acess plate screw that is stuck tight. It has been in the gun since 1951 and is really bound up. Beretta has always used very thin slots in their screws, I suppose to keep people from messing with them. It didn't work in the first place because I have seen numerous screws with messed up slots in them. All it really does is look neat and keep the screws from ever being removed!

I have so far tried two different penetrating oils. I put heat on it in the form of a large heated soldering iron thinking that by warming it up that the oil would get in there better and work. I used a specificly ground driver bit with a small ratchet in conjunction with the driver handle, it didn't budge. I tried a special oil that is supposed to partially freeze the screw and allow the oil to penetrate, No Luck!
I don't know what to try next. I am down to just spraying some oil on it every morning in the hope that it will finally let go. Any of you guys have any ideas or special tricks to get these screws out. It has to come out so I can remove the stock and check out the safety. Thanks for your help. Bob